How To Start A Blog In 2019
How to start a blog in five simple steps, how to start a blog the easy way step-by-step.
With this easy step by step guide, you can start a blog in just 15 minutes + you will have customized it AND published your very first blog post.
How To Start A Blog In 5 Steps
- Choose the right blogging platform for your new blog.
- Choose your blogs topic & custom domain name.
- Setup your blog & web hosting in just 1 click.
- Customize the look and feel of your new blog.
- Write your very first blog post.
1. Choosing The Right Blogging Platform
Why use WordPress?
You don’t need to be a website developer or hire one to become a webmaster with WordPress and start saving money. Besides being free to use,
Because it’s super easy to use and there are thousands of free themes and plugins available to make your blog look how you want and do what you want. All you need is a domain name, hosting and your good to go.
You could even use it to make money by power a fully featured online shop /
WP remains one of the most popular platforms to build a website, so flexible you can stretch your imagination and most likely find a ready-made solution often low cost or free.
Using WP websites can much easier meet the criteria essential to get page one rankings in search engines such as Google.
- You can install a new site and have it up and running in minutes or a full featured
ecommercestore in an ahour or so.
- Want the site to look different? You can change the whole look of the site on the fly without investing in custom development and fees just by selecting a new theme.
urlsand redirect pages on the fly
- Add functionality to the site in minutes by simply searching for a plugin and installing
directfrom WordPress online repository.
- Adding navigation is simple as spending a few minutes editing a single menu page or drag & drop a widget into a sidebar.
- Easy content syndication
- SEO Friendly – Easier to
optimisefor Page 1 Google rankings
- Easy to move your site to another hosting set up with simple migration tools available as plugins and take the data with you. Perform and store your own backups. Be dependent on no-one because you are 100% in control.
- While there are multiple ways to set up a shop with WordPress and multiple solutions for selling online, I think WooCommerce is the best choice because it allows you to sell anything, anywhere, has all the premium features you would expect to have to pay for – best of all – its free and easy to use.
The beauty of WordPress is that it’s completely under your control. You choose where to host your website, how you want it to look, and how you want it to behave.
Fortune 500 companies using WordPress as their Content Management System (CMS) – 10 good examples below
- Microsoft – Microsoft News Centre
- Sony – PlayStation Blog / Sony Music
- Target (US Retailer)
- UPS – Upside Blog
- The Walt Disney Company
BLogitechBlog by Logitech
- Bloomberg Professional
- Forbes Blog
65% Global CMS Market
34% of Websites on the web
50,000 WP websites launched every day
Much better, there are various SEO plugins available to help improve search engine visibility of your WP website.
- WordPress is Free as in Freedom
- WordPress is Easy to Use and Learn
- WordPress is Extendable by Using Themes and Plugins
- WordPress is Search Engine Friendly
- WordPress is Easy to Manage
- WordPress is Safe and Secure
WordPress can Handle Different Media Types WordPress platform for your company’s website.
Step 2 – Choose Your Domain Name
Check If Your Domain Name Is Available…
Just enter any ideas you have in the form below to see if it’s available, ie: example.com
Before you choose a domain name you need to choose a topic for your blog.
- 1. Make it easy to type. Finding a domain name that’s easy to type is critical to online success. …
- Keep it short. …
- Use keywords. …
- Target your area. …
- Avoid numbers and hyphens. …
- Be memorable. …
- Research it. …
- Use an appropriate domain name extension.
If you’re not sure what to blog about here are a few suggestions-
- Write a list of 3 things you are good at
- Write a list of 3 things you are interested in or enjoy
- Write a list of 3 things you want to learn about
Step 3 – Setup Web Hosting & WordPress
Avoid Bad Web Hosting Companies!
There are both good and bad hosting companies & choosing a host is an important part of starting a blog.
Many cheap hosts overload their servers which means your blog will be slow, which means updating it will take longer and it will take longer for your visitors to load it.
That is usually backed with terrible support so when you do have a problem, you’re on your own.
A good web host means that your blog will be available to every single person in the world, every single second of every single day.
Step 4 – Customising Your Blog
Now WordPress is installed, it’s time to customize your new blog to your liking. The first thing we are going to do is find and install a theme that you like.
The great news is there are thousands of free WordPress themes that you can choose from. While they might not have all of the best features and support, they are free.
To find a WordPress do that just go to Appearance > Themes > Add New
Finding A Suitable Theme
Step 5 – Writing Your First Blog Post
Writing & publishing your first blog post might seem scary but I’m going to guide you through the process.
First of all login to your WordPress admin dashboard (yourdomain.com/wp-admin) and then go to Posts > Add New.